Swanton Health Care and Retirement Center
“Where our family cares for yours.”
Swanton Health Care and Retirement Center is a second generation family-owned organization founded in 1985.
We are dedicated to providing outstanding post-acute, rehabilitation, complex skilled nursing
and support services to our patients and residents.
Let us be your home away from home where you will be treated like family by our family. Our campus, which is located in Swanton, Ohio, has a country setting with beautiful courtyards surrounded by 16 assisted living suites, 68 skilled or long term care accommodations including private, semi-private and two room suites.
Our residents enjoy a person centered care philosophy keeping the person at the center of the care planning and decision making. Residents rise, bathe, eat, receive therapy and sleep on their own schedules.
We offer restaurant style dining with menu and bakery items that are made from scratch. “Not your typical retirement setting food” is a comment heard often here at Swanton Health Care and Retirement Center. When you think of dining in a retirement community, do you envision your meal being prepared and served by skilled culinary staff? You may not expect it, but that’s exactly what you will find. Restaurant-style dining is provided in an attractively decorated dining room three times a day. In-room dining is offered for those individuals who prefer to eat in their room. With our kitchen open and operational 24 hours per day, we can accommodate any lifestyle.
We recognize the importance of healthy living and eating, so we work with our residents, their families, and our registered dietitian to maintain our residents’ well-being. Our menus change with the seasons to reflect and utilize seasonal produce and favorites. Menus offer a wide variety of home cooked selections that allow our residents to make their meals as individualized as they want. Family members are always encouraged and invited to join our residents for a meal. Whether joining a loved one for dinner or planning a special family gathering, our Dining Services Team can assist you with Catering and Baking to make it a special event. Special private dining areas are available with reservations. You can contact the Dining Services Team directly at (419) 825.1407.
- Our assisted living units quickly become your home away from home allowing for three different levels of care based on individual needs. We provide minimal to more extensive care based on the person’s needs. All levels of assisted living care can be provided in the same room allowing them to remain in a familiar environment as their needs change.
- Excellent skilled nursing care is frequently required after an acute care hospitalization and/or surgical procedure. You will receive skilled nursing care provided by a dynamic team including licenced nurses, state tested nursing assistants, registered dietitian, with regular physician rounding.
- Our state of the art rehabilitation department with Accelerator Care Plus technology provides both inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy offered at our facility 7 days per week.
- When your loved one needs care and is no longer able to safely live at home. You worry about them all of the time. We provide long term care for residents that need physical and/or emotional care 24/7 for an extended period of time.
- Our respite care services allow caregivers to take time off and give them a break while we care for their loved ones.
Our true foundation is stronger than brick and mortar, it’s rooted in our founder’s legacy of compassion and kindness toward our customers.